Thursday, December 24, 2020

Pandemic Painting

Greetings fellow lockdown-cabin-fever sufferers! 

Well, I finally realized that I could use all this externally imposed downtime to tackle the lead pile. Painting is not my favorite element of this hobby— I like to have painted more than I like to paint. But it can pass the time, especially when watching this bizarre sports season, where I only half-pay attention to which NFL/College team which I don't root for beat up some other NFL/College team I don't root for either. Great for painting, or at least getting hobby stuff done.

So far, this is what's happened before my brushes surrendered to chaos:


These are all 10mm scale, mostly Copplestone Castings' fantasy line, with one Games Workshop 10mm Dwarf Archer unit from their OOP Battle of Five Armies line on the far right, between the cavalry and a unit of spearmen.

The units are, from left to right, starting with the front row:

Half-orcs (Uruk-hai) with Swords (three units), Half-orcs (Uruk-hai) with Spears (two units), Horse Tribe Horse Archers

Rangers (Dunedain or Ithilien, take your pick)

Horse Tribe Foot Archers (two units), Dwarf Archers (one unit)

Horse Tribe Infantry (three units)

The half-orcs currently have bare bases because I'm going to use sand for their "ground" rather than grass, and I don't have any sand in the house. Though I admit the basic black look is growing on me. Hey, they're Saruman's Army, so the whole black thing works for them.

I'll post more detailed closeups of each in the future, but for now not a bad little painting run (for me, anyway).

--- Parzival, the Wargamesmonger

No comments:

Post a Comment