Thursday, September 3, 2026

Shameless Plug for an Awesome Adventure

 Announcing the release of The Night of the Goblin, an original fantasy role playing adventure by yours truly.

The Night of the Goblin offers an easy-to-run, exciting adventure for novice players and Game Masters (or Dungeon Masters), especially those just starting out. It’s kid friendly (and parent friendly), but works for all ages. And now I’ve made it available as a digital download through DriveThruRPG.

A bit of history: I created The Night of the Goblin for my summer “Introduction to Dungeons & Dragons” program for teenagers at the library in my hometown of Franklin, TN. I ran it twice a day in two separate sessions, four summers in a row, introducing dozens of teenagers to roleplaying games. (I personally know of 6 gaming groups which formed from this program, and teen D&D groups remain an on-going part of the library today.) The adventure is designed to be brief but challenging, and touch on all the great tropes of fantasy roleplaying, with an opportunity for every class to “do their thing.”

So now I’ve teamed up with a talented illustrator (from Scotland!), the fantastic Rachel Drummond. The result is what you see from the front and back covers here (and she has a lot more great art inside).

All my playtesters loved the adventure, and I hope you will, too!

Click here to find my listing on DriveThruRPG: The Night of the Goblin You will even find a preview of the first 9 pages, so you can see for yourself just how awesome this adventure is. (Offered in all modesty, of course.)

And yes, there will be more to come.

As for the company— Parzival Games— that’s all me. And a hint for what else you might eventually find. But for now, this is my start. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did creating it!

— Howard Shirley, aka Parzival

Legal bit: “Dungeons & Dragons” is a registered trademark of Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro Inc.. I have no affiliation with either company, and claim no ownership or endorsement, and no sense of either should be assumed. Citing the game is merely provided as an example of play choice. This adventure is written to be entirely system neutral— you can play it with any fantasy roleplaying game of your choice (DriveThruRPG offers several.) DriveThruRPG is a separate company, acting as my digital provider and storefront. Purchases of the adventure will benefit me, with a portion retained by DriveThruRPG. Purchasing via the link from this blog will even boost my returns, so please click that link!

No comments:

Post a Comment